Monday, March 03, 2008

Test Drive

So I forgot to mention that I test drove the Mazda5 yesterday. Here's what I discovered:

1) It was actually a 2007 model that I drove (he told me this afterward - thanks)
2) It is small!!!!!
3) The base of the seats are half the height of my current van seats. That was weird. They felt like mini-seats.
4) I like the beige interior more than the black but unfortunately, it will inevitably get dirty faster.
5) The side sliding doors are manual (not automatic, like my mom's 2005 Odyssey). They were harder to open but easier to close.
6) The adjustable steering wheel was a good thing. Apparently I can be quite picky about where it goes.
7) Nice storage places (i.e., under seat pads).
8) Essentially, it was what I thought it would be.

If I actually know more about cars and driving them, what that should be like, I could probably tell you more but as it is, I can't. Regardless, I think it is the car for me. I will have to do a more serious test drive. This was just preliminary one.

No comments: