Thursday, February 23, 2006

From the Positive Side

I love sunny mornings. I love sunny evenings. Yesterday as I was walking home and this morning as I walked to work, I suddenly appreciated how beautiful it was outside and how I privileged I am to be able to walk to work. Avoiding traffic on a daily basis is more than enough to be praising God every day. On these walks, I realized there is a freshness and a hope I perceive as the sun rises on the buildings and trees. And in the evening, it feels like a soft setting to the end of the day. As I think upon this now, it seems that I like it when the suns hits the buildings and trees at horizontal angle. Why do I react so strongly to the way the sun shines downs? I don't know. I guess it is just one of the mysterious ways that God speaks to my heart through nature.

Someday maybe I will let you in on my thoughts about trees. ;D

Psalm 148:1-6
1Praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD from the heavens;
Praise Him in the heights!
2Praise Him, all His angels;
Praise Him, all His hosts!
3Praise Him, sun and moon;
Praise Him, all stars of light!
4Praise Him, highest heavens,
And the waters that are above the heavens!
5Let them praise the name of the LORD,
For He commanded and they were created.
6He has also established them forever and ever;
He has made a decree which will not pass away.

No comments: