Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Where did it go?

On Sunday, I went with Karen to the mall. She tried on some clothes in desperate need of new clothing for work. I tried on a few tops (I hate to use the word "blouse") but basically I am too thrifty to actually buy anything. Because of this trip to the mall, a memory was inspired to return to the forefront of my mind. As I was falling asleep that night, I suddenly recollected buying a dressy top at a mall store with my cousin and her daughter at some point in the past (I rarely buy any clothes from the mall). Now, instead of falling asleep, I was trying to remember anything and everything about this top. I remembered it was maroon and black, probably had stripes of some sort, scrunched to the side or something like that, a material other than cotton, 3/4 length sleeves, and I just couldn't envision the neckline. I struggled to remember the last time I had seen it or worn it. I also couldn't seem to recall when I had even bought it. Finally, I got up and began looking through my clothes in the closet but to no avail. I finally decided I just needed it to put it aside and fall asleep, which somehow I managed to do.

The next day, I made a more thorough go through of my closet. And guess what? I found it! The top had become stuffed away in the corner in a plastic organizing unit (from my Cal Poly dorm days). Since the tag said "hand wash only," I probably intended to wash it separately from my regular wash. Anyway, I mostly had the correct memory of it. I have a suspicion that the last time I wore it was probably in the picture below, taken on June 15th, 2005. Only over two years ago. So basically, I feel like I have a new top! Yippee!


I hope you enjoyed my silly silly story. Now it is back to school (gotta write a critique of a case study and do a comparison of the Informal Education website and the required readings).

Hmmm, people say that I have red hair and I guess in this photo, it kind of looks like it. Wow! My hair was short. *sigh* I can't wait until I get to cut my hair again...

No comments: