Thursday, April 03, 2008

Black Ring Be Gone

Just a quick anecdote:
If you find that your rings or other pieces of silver have become tarnished, never fear, a quick solution is near (at least if you have a Trader Joe's nearby).
One evening as I was heading to take a shower, in the process I glanced at my hands and saw with great horror that my silver rings had turned black!!! The next morning I borrowed some of my mom's silver polish and while it did clean off the black, the rings still seemed brownish-hued. As I was leaving the house, my mom mentioned to me that I might try some toothpaste (really??? I said). So several days later, when I just couldn't stand the brownish-hue any longer, I tested out this theory of toothpaste as a silver polish using Trader Joe's peppermint toothpaste. Low and behold, it worked better! Now my rings are shiny silver => Yay!

2 comments:

ehouse said...

good to know!

Jeffra Diane said...

My rings are still turning black occasionally and I'm concerned they might just wear down into nothing. I never had this problem anywhere else I have lived. So odd.