Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Star Trek and Trees Without Leaves

A little poem for the new year...


Star Trek and Trees Without Leaves

Sharing the oddities and the quirks
Chewing the fat
Leaning back, relaxed
Remember when
Isn’t it funny?
Can there really be time bubbles and warp speeds?
Do you see math when you see trees without leaves?
Imagination, Fantasy, Creativity
Why do we have these gifts?
Snuggle in the bedsheets – so comfortable
Clouds that can’t be touched
Clouds that seem so soft
Can we converse?
Can we laugh together?
Seasons come
Seasons go
And seasons come
Remember when
Music hits the soul and – it swells up
Fierce
Starships, space stations, and shuttlecrafts
Transport me away to be in your presence forever
Now is not enough, I want the Everafter
The Great Mathematician of the Universe
Lover of my Soul
Pursue me and never let me go
I strike out and yet you stay
I curl and hide, you unfold and reveal
Beauty in the stars, Beauty in the trees, Beauty in me
How can it be?
IN you, FROM you, BECAUSE of you… Jesus.

No comments: