Friday, June 30, 2006

My Tale of the Itsy Bitsy Spider

To learn a little bit more about me, I have a story for you.

So I was taking a shower the other night and I noticed a spider in there with me. My reaction is probably not the same as yours. I felt concern. The little spider was trying to climb up the side of the bathtub but to no avail because of the water from my shower splashing around him. So I bent over and used my index finger to sort of slide him up to ledge on the side of the bathtub. Now I should mention that I don't wear my glasses or contacts in the shower, so I can't see great and my depth perception is a little off. I looked at his crumpled little body and legs and was pertt certain that I had just squashed instead of saving him. I sighed and felt bad. A few minutes later after a few more sad thoughts about crumpled spider bodies, I noticed he was in the water at my feet. I couldn't be certain but it looked like he was alive and trying get out. So this time I crouched down and scooped him up and placed him farther away from the tub, so hopefully he wouldn't fall in again. Again he looked rather dead.

When I got out of the shower, he was still looking unfixable. I tried to move his body so he was positioned in a more upright position. Then for some reason, I thought to blow on him. With the first blow, his body moved a little and he looked to be standing more upright. The next blow, one of his legs wiggled a little. The last blow he seemed to have firmly planted himself. Yay! He was alive.

After getting dressed I checked back on the spider. Oye! He was back in the bathtub trying to crawl up the wall again. Okay, so spiders just aren't the smartest. I somehow managed to get him on my right index finger but he began to make his way towards my wrist. I quickly hurried over the counter where I had a cup. I tried to sort of rub him off but he wouldn't let go and quite frankly, I starting to get a little creeped out by the feeling of his legs crawling on me. I shook him off onto the counter and speedily covered him with the cup. Then I used stiff paper to cover the cup and take the spider outside. Finally, the itsy bitsy (actually he about an inch in size - is that itsy bitsy?) spider was dropped into a plant on our front porch and hopefully, he lived to tell his tale of the scary bathroom lady.

Am I weird or what?

No comments: