Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Comics - did I mention that I love them?

Especially, Silver/Bronze Age ones.

Unsticking the back tape of the plastic comic sleeve. Carefully removing said comic. Oh, the anticipation. Haven't done that in a looooong time. I bought some old comics at Comic Con so now I get to do it again. Yay!

The most special memories I have with comics are because of my awesome dad. Before a camping trip, we would make a stop at a comic book store. He would let my brother and I pick out comics to bring and read during the camping trip. I guess I am bit girly because I sort of gravitated to the Lois Lane and Supergirl comics, with the occasional Superman. Of course, I always read whatever Shane choose too. But we are definitely a DC family.

In the 90s, we also collected some of the contemporary comics, like the various Superman titles, Supergirl, and the Legion of Super Heroes. Good times.

Thanks, Dad, for sharing this world with us!!!

No comments: