Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baking Continues



So I love to bake. Yum yum. And to eat. But mostly to give it away and enjoy other people eating it. I have baked about 5 banana cakes (dad's recipe with maple cream cheese frosting), 3 batches of brownies (my grandma's recipe), 2 carrot cakes (dad's recipe, simple but delicious), and some number of cookies to bring in to work at the Science Library. With the last batch of carrot cake I made, I had leftover pinapple, so I decided to experiment with a pineapple cherry coffee cake. It came out decently for a first time adapted recipe. The aftertaste is a little tart because there is one cup of non-fat plain yogurt. But the brown sugar topping adds sweetness.

Below is a picture of the brownies I made for Happy non-Valentine's Day (it was February 13th).


I wonder what I will be baking next...

3 comments:

Shane said...

looks tasty!

Jeffra Diane said...

Thanks, El Chanito. I think it would have been fairly healthy if I had not put a 1/4 cup of butter in the brown sugar topping.

jkbush said...

I don't know what it is, but it looks delicious!