Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Bed Is Done!!!

I put together the bed frame that I bought yesterday through Craigslist (it's an Ikea bed frame). It was very frustrating at first and really seemed impossible without a second person but I fiddled and fiddled, took apart my screwdriver, pushed, shoved and wiggled, and laid under the frame. And somehow the screws actually went into the metal things as they were supposed to. I decided the completed bed deserved a photo. The walls are plain but that is because I didn't want to put anything up until I knew where the frame would be. Also, thus far as I have hung photos and other framed things, I've done it poorly. Apparently I need a second person's insight (or arms at least) to do it right. So I wait for a visitor or friend to help.


Today, in other news, I donated blood to the Irvine Medical Center in a bus (never done that before-it is a pretty impressive set-up). It went smoothly, though my blood moved a little too slowly for the nurse. For library work, I enjoyed doing some collection development tasks. In case, I haven't mentioned it, I love my job!!! Tomorrow we go on a field trip to Newport Beach Library. I plan to get a library card there.

1 comment:

Shane said...

That's the same kind of bed Tiff and I have, although I think we have a queen size bed, and it looks like yours is a twin. Nice job on putting the bed together. I'm glad you love your job! You are really lucky to have that.