Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's Been Ages

Okay, really, barely a month since I last posted. I just got busy with school, and then visitors, and then laziness. So whenever this happens, I seem to favors lists, so here we go:
  • Did excelente in my two LIS classes, even enjoyed writing the term paper, which at first thought was terrible but turned out to be better than I expected
  • Finished up my reference and instruction internship, it was needed practical experience
  • Still have plenty to learn about working in SJSU Special Collections
  • Had some cavities filled at the dentist
  • Traveled with my awesome friends to Alcatraz Island (love spending time with them)
  • Kent ladies, their husbands, and their daughters were all in town for their dad's wedding. Whoo hoo! I got to spend the evening with them at their aunt and uncle's house, trying to keep up with their daughters.
  • My cousin, Rachel, made a stop-over in CA on her way back from Kentucky to WA (I'll be posting pictures and videos of our escapades later)
  • Discovered that with on and off freeway driving, my car gets about 26.6 mpg, not bad I guess
  • Saw Iron Man (twice) and Prince Caspian in the theatres
  • Watched season finales for Smallville (disappointed), Bones (crushed), and Lost (still confused)
I think that's it. I'll try to be more regular but no guarantees. Here's a couple of pictures from the Alcatraz Trip (taken by Jenn Wu since I forgot my camera):

Alcatraz Island from the ferry


C Cell Block


Alcatraz Island Lighthouse (oldest on the West Coast, I think)


Nice Group Photo with San Francisco in the background


The Ladies (Jamie, Megan, Gina, and Jenn)


The View from the island


The Silly Photo

2 comments:

ehouse said...

love the "silly photo" and the girls photo. too cute! :)

Jeffra Diane said...

Thanks Elizabeth. I still have lots to post. Hmmm, maybe I will do that now.